Neck Pain Treatment in Santa Clara
Neck pain is one of the most common types of musculoskeletal pain experienced by adults. Neck pain can occur as a result of occupational injuries, slips and falls at home, ergonomic troubles and for other reasons. As your chiropractor in Santa Clara, the professionals at Hoewisch Family Chiropractic offer all natural chiropractic treatment for people suffering from neck pain.
Different Types of Neck Pain
Some patients experience chronic neck pain, which means that it returns regularly and can persist for months at a time. Other patients experience temporary neck pain that occurs as a result of injuries, poor ergonomics and other day to day problems. Temporary neck pain that goes untreated can turn into chronic neck pain if not properly treated by a Santa Clara chiropractor.
Causes of Neck Pain in Santa Clara
Neck pain can occur for many reasons, including:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the neck develops small tears in the muscles and ligaments. Whiplash can cause pain in the neck, shoulders and back, as well as headaches and other problems. Whiplash typically occurs as a result of car accidents and personal injuries.
- Text neck. Text neck occurs when the patient spends too much time looking down at mobile devices.
- Poor posture. Poor posture can cause subluxations, which puts pressure on the spinal cord.
- Auto accident. Auto accidents can cause sprains, strains and other injuries, resulting in pain in the neck shoulders and head.
- Poor ergonomics. Poor ergonomic conditions at work can cause strain on the joints and muscles of the neck and back, resulting in injury to the spine as well as chronic pain.
- Sports injury and personal injury. Sports injury and personal injury can cause soft tissue damage that can cause pain in the neck and other parts of the body.
Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain from Your Santa Clara Chiropractor
At Hoewisch Family Chiropractic, we have many techniques for treating neck pain, including:
- Spinal adjustment. This all natural, gentle technique is used to restore alignment to the spine while also relieving pressure on the spinal cord. Our techniques can help eliminate pain from subluxations and can also be used to treat conditions like whiplash. Spinal adjustment is a natural form of pain relief that treats pain at its source. Over time, adjustments can help patients retrain their bodies to stay healthy and well.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can help them avoid neck pain and injury while engaging in physical activity.
- Lifestyle advice. We teach patients how to manage their pain through healthy habits and behaviors.
Contact Your Santa Clara Chiropractor for Treatment
If you're seeking natural means for treating neck pain in Santa Clara, Hoewisch Family Chiropractic can help. We're your source for neck pain treatment in Santa Clara and the surrounding communities. For more information and to get started with an appointment, call our clinic today at 408-985-8118.